Monday

Mama Monday: The Gentleness Challenge

If you read my post from yesterday, you noticed that one of my New Year's resolutions is to be a better mother. That's always one of my resolutions. Because no matter how good of a mom you think you are, you can always improve. One of the things we started working on as a family this past fall was being kinder to each other. I blogged about it here.

Another one of my New Year's resolutions is to work on developing the inner peace that Christians have. A side effect of being filled with "peace that passes all understanding" is that you are also filled with love, joy, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. When your mind and spirit are filled with these things, the overflow is going to be courtesy in your speech, touch, and actions to those around you.

Well, you know God agrees with you about what you have chosen as your New Year's Resolutions when the first thing that shows up on your Facebook feed this morning was a challenge issued by another homeschool, Christian blogger. For the entire month of January her blog is focusing on the Gentleness Challenge.

Your mission, if you choose to accept it, is to spend the month of January making a point of being gentle in how you treat your children. Gentle with their names (Chipette, Magpie, I said to get in here and set this table!!!!), gentle with your words (What in the cat hair were you thinking!?!?) and to slow down and enjoy them (Hurry up and finish painting! We've got to finish our math lesson!).

I'm linking up to the website below for those interested in joining the challenge as well. Or you can just read my Mama Monday posts this month and follow my pathetic attempts to do a good job at this. As you can see from the above paragraph, I've got some work to do!


Developing gentle hands, gentle mouth, and a gentle heart in the treehouse,

Chelli

No comments:

Post a Comment